- Getting Started
- Billing Questions
- Access Numbers
- Contact Us
- Article ID: 35340
- Last modified date: December 29, 2011 11:12
How to Set the Modem for Bridge Mode
Use the following steps to configure the Zyxel P-660R-D1 for bridge mode. It allows for the use of a router to authenticate via PPPoE, while disabling it in the Zyxel modem. This way, multiple computers can share the service. Always configure the device directly first with a single computer before adding a router, see Zyxel P 660R D1 - How to Set the Modem for PPPoE Mode . Once completed, you may bridge the modem and then add your configured router. If you need assistance with setting up the router, contact your router's manufacturer.
- If this is your first time using the Zyxel modem, you will need to configure your modem to PPPoE mode as discussed in the above paragraph. If you have already been using the modem for your DSL service and have just added the Home Networking service, go to step 2.
- Open an Internet browser and type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar.
NOTE: If you typed the URL into the address bar and the setup page does not load, try using another Internet browser. Also, assure that the modem is connected directly to the computer and not through a router.
- You MUST enter the default password for this device with “1234” and click Login to make any configuration changes.
- If you have already changed the default password for the device, login with that password, and skip to step 5.
- If you do not type in the password, you will not be allowed to make any changes to the device.
- If you have forgotten the password, reset the modem using the external reset button.
- The DSL modem/router is currently using the default password. To protect your network from unauthorized users we suggest you change your password at this time. Please select a new password that will be easy to remember yet difficult for others to guess. We suggest you combine text with numbers to make it more difficult for an intruder to guess. Enter your new password in the two fields below and click Apply. Otherwise click Ignore to keep the default password.
- After changing the default password you will be prompted to login to the interface using your new password.
- You will be given the opportunity to choose the Wizard or Advanced mode. In order to configure the modem for bridge mode you MUST select the radio button next to Go to Wizard Setup and click Apply.
- Click Change to Bridge Mode.
- You MUST click Apply to confirm the change otherwise it will remain in PPPoE mode (Routing).
- Click Finish.
- The next page shown is the modem status page.
You may close this window to continue.
- Zyxel P-660R-D1 - How to Set the Modem for Bridge Mode (Alternate)
- Zyxel P-660R-D1 - How to Telnet Initial Bridged Configuration