- Getting Started
- Billing Questions
- Access Numbers
- Contact Us
- Article ID: 34422
- Last modified date: September 8, 2010 9:09
PeoplePC Dial-Up offers you everything you need for a great Internet experience. This article provides instructions for configuring a Dial-Up connection for Windows ME.
|How to Configure a Dial-Up Connection For Windows ME|
- From the Start menu, click Settings, and choose Dial-Up Networking.
- Double-click the Make New Connection icon.
- In the Type a name for the computer you are dialing field, type the name of the connection (i.e. People PC).
- From the Select a device drop-down list, choose your internal modem.
- Click the Next button.
- In the Area code field, type the area code of the location in which you will be dialing from.
- In the Telephone number field, type your local People PC access number, then click Next.
To obtain an Internet Access number click here.
Please check with your local telephone company to make sure that the access number you are dialing is a local, toll-free call. We are not responsible for long distance charges incurred for the use of our service.
When you enter the access number, type it exactly as you would when placing a call from your home phone. If you use 10-digit dialing, make sure you include the area code.
If you are dialing from a hotel, office, or other phone system that requires you to dial a 9 to get an outside line, insert 9 before the access number.
- To disable call waiting while using the internet, type the call waiting defeat code (usually *70) before the access number.
Note: Only type this code if you have call waiting on the line you will connect with. Check with your phone company to determine which code to use for your line.
- Ignore the Area Code field. All numbers, including 9, 1, area code, or *70 should be entered in the Telephone Number field.
- Click the Finish button.
- Right-click the
PeoplePC icon and choose Properties.
- Clear the checkbox next to Use area code and Dialing Properties.
- Click on the Security tab.
- In the User name field, type your entire PeoplePC e-mail address (e.g.,
- In the Password field, type in the PeoplePC e-mail password.
- Click the OK button.
- Right-click the
PeoplePC icon and choose Create Shortcut.
- Click the Yes button to create a short cut on your desktop.